May 14, 2020
Applications open May 15, 2020 via CRA My Account.
IMPORTANT: Sign up for direct deposit through your Financial Institution to get funds faster!
Log into your bank account and you will see a banner to enroll for direct deposit from the Canada Revenue Agency).
For students who expect to complete high school between June 7 to December 31, 2020 – you are eligible for 2 periods only (July 5 to August 1 and August 2 to August 29).
- The payment will be $1,250/month or $2,000/month with dependents or if you have a disability
- will be made in respect of 4-week periods (May/ June/ July/ August) Deadline: Must apply by September 30, 2020
Deadline: Must apply by September 30, 2020
- Must have met one of these three conditions:
- been enrolled, at any time between December 1, 2019 and August 31, 2020, in a post-secondary educational program that leads to a degree, diploma or certificate;
- graduated from secondary school in 2020, has applied for enrollment in such a post-secondary educational program that is scheduled to begin before February 1, 2021 and plans to enroll in the program if their application is accepted; or
- is a member of a class of persons that is prescribed by regulation.
- For reasons related to COVID-19 and whether as an employee or in self-employment, they are unable to work, are seeking work and unable to find it, or are working but are paid less $1,000, during the four-week period for which they apply for the benefit
- They cannot receive any employment or self-employment income over $1,000, EI benefits, CERB, maternity/paternity benefits, or other prescribed income.
No interest is payable on any amount owing as a result of an erroneous payment or overpayment.