September 3, 2021
Canada Recovery Hiring Program (CRHP) is the new program that would provide eligible employers with a subsidy of up to 50 per cent of incremental remuneration paid to eligible active employees between June 6, 2021, and November 20, 2021.
Corporations can either apply for CEWS or CRHP, whichever is higher, but not for both.
Eligible employers for CRHP
- Employers eligible for the CEWS would generally be eligible for the hiring subsidy (payroll account on March 15, 2020)
- For-profit corporation would be eligible only if it is a CCPC
- Other eligible employers – Individuals, NPO’s, registered charities and certain partnerships
Eligible Employees for CRHP
- An eligible employee must be employed primarily in Canada by an eligible employer throughout a qualifying period (or the portion of the qualifying period throughout which the individual was employed by the eligible employer)
- The hiring subsidy would not be available for furloughed employees
- The difference between an employer’s total eligible remuneration paid to eligible employees for the qualifying period and its total eligible remuneration paid to eligible employees for the baseline period (March 14 to April 10, 2021)
- In both the qualifying period and the baseline period, eligible remuneration for each eligible employee would be subject to a maximum of $1,129 per week
- As is currently the case for the CEWS, the eligible remuneration for a non-arm’s length employee for a week could not exceed their baseline remuneration determined for that week
CRA has a FAQ page which answers many questions an applicant may have.
If you have additional questions, please contact us 905-277-9499.
Canada Recovery Hiring Program (CRHP) - Canada.ca